WP leader: Institute for Climate Protection, Energy and Mobility (IKEM)
Main objective of this WP is to ensure that the implementation of the logistic concept is sufficiently supported by the relevant local players to be successful. For all partner regions, the target groups are predefined as stated here. Based on this overall understanding, the project consortium will jointly develop an information campaign aiming to awareness raising and an involvement of the target group representatives. This will include the following elements:
- Compilation and presentation of best practices (examples, prototypes, showcases, solutions – also to be considered for the concept development) for inspiration and motivation
- International kick-off conference and study trip to best practice region(s) (options are: Ystad, Växjö, Malmö) with the main local players to establish the international working team and to start an international working exchange and working process (annual working meetings, half-year Skype conferences)
- Elaboration of convincing business models for logistical companies and/or institutions (saving and earning money as main argument): Here the expertise joint in the international team is the starting point for developing business models for the different target groups, with the aim to quantify the positive outcome of low carbon solutions. Best practices from other places/institutions, deriving ideas and concepts as well as saving/earning-money-arguments developed out of the analysis will be considered here and presented to relevant institutions. Where they find interested partners, the experts will work with the institutions, guiding them towards “their specific concepts” and supporting them with the implementation of first steps.
- Regular workshops with local stakeholders to discuss the project progress and the next steps and to inform them about the developments in other places.
- Placing of “green arguments” (like: how can I contribute to reducing my regions/institutions carbon-footprint and what incentives can be created for doing so) in PR campaigns. Development and awarding of an internationally used label/award for “green logistic institutions” from all over the South Baltic Region.
- Exchanging with other projects on the topic as well as with relevant third institutions, using the partners existing networks but also newly established contacts from all partner countries and beyond.
- Presentations of the business models and policy instruments developed in WP5 to relevant stakeholders/decision-makers.
Long-term, tools like city tolls, congestion fees and a blocking of certain routes, streets or areas will also be considered in the international as well in the local teams and related recommendations will be jointly elaborated, exploiting related experiences from all over Europe, provided by the expert team in consideration of the national and regional specifics.